ECF Hong Kong Inter-School
Taking place throughout November 2020, schools will compete against each other to log the most species of plant and animal around their school campus and districts. The ECF-HKISCNC is a great way for students to understand biodiversity in their own neighbourhoods and contribute valuable observations to further our understanding of Hong Kong’s urban ecology.
How your school can participate… IT’S EASY!
- Take photos of specimens in and around campus using iNaturalist.
- Identify as many specimens as you can; both WILD and CAPTIVE or CULTIVATED.
- However, NO potted plants or selfies.
- Take part during class, recess, lunch, free period or organised after-school activity
- Use to teach about nature, classification or biodiversity.
- Includes the weekend for parents and community members to join in the fun!
● Provide a school talk on ‘Biodiversity Citizen Science’.
● Loan informative and educational Exhibition Panels for display.
● Provide materials & support for ‘School Biodiversity Enhancement’.
Please note that we are highly mindful of current EDB regulations and guidelines regarding
COVID and we will keep all schools updated on any necessary and appropriate changes.
We are now taking enquiries for the 2020 competition. If your school is interested in taking
part, please find more details here, which also includes the application form. The application deadline is 25 September 2020:
Enquiries and Registration:
Telephone: 2845 2764
Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
This project has been funded by the Environment and Conservation Fund and the Environmental Campaign Committee. Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material/event do not necessarily reflect the views of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, the Environment and Conservation Fund and the Environmental Campaign Committee.
The HKISCNC is organised in association with the California Academy of Sciences and the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County.