Assistant Education Officer (Job code: W-AEO)WWF organizes a wide range of educational programmes, working to educate today’s youth in line with different parties, with the goal to create a new generation for conservation and sustainability advocates through fun, engagement and real life experience. We are now looking for a person who is dedicated to nature conservation and sustainability to join our dynamic and enthusiastic education team!
- Guide the formal WWF centre-based Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) programmes which target at school students.
- Implement WWF-Hong Kong’s school outreach education and multiplier training programmes, and other non centre-based education projects.
- Implement WWF-Hong Kong’s youth engagement and citizen science programmes.
- Assist in formulating ecological research methodologies and data analysis processes related to all education activities and initiatives.
- Support the delivery of programmes targeting public to raise their awareness on nature conservation and sustainable living.
- Develop and manage existing education materials and facilities at all WWF-Hong Kong Centres.
- Contribute to the development and production of new WWF-Hong Kong educational publications and online materials.
- Assist in administration works which are related to education programme deliveries.
- Degree holder in Ecology, Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Geography, Education, Social Science or any discipline related to sustainability.
- 1 year relevant working experience, but fresh graduate with experiences in organizing and leading outdoor activities/ teaching experience related to nature conservation or appreciation, or education projects planning and implementation will also be considered.
- Field experience in ecological investigation and knowledge in statistical software application for data analysis would be highly preferred.
- A team player with good organizing, communication and interpersonal skills. Accepts personal and team’s responsibility, and shows civility and respect to colleagues.
- Fluent in Cantonese and English (preferably Putonghua as well).
- Proficient in ordinary applications of MS Office.
- Physically fit to guide outdoor learning programmes, conduct ecological researches and willing to work in adverse weather conditions.
- First aid, cycling, swimming or lifesaving skills would be of added benefit
- Working during weekends and holidays will be required as per the working schedule.
We offer a 5-day work week and competitive compensation and benefits packages to the right candidate. The office location of this post is at our Kwai Hing office (near MTR station) and required to work as arranged across all centres and other locations (in Central, Yuen Long, Tai Po and Sai Kung).
Interested parties please apply here .
Date for Application Review: 16 Nov 2018
Application would be considered until the post is filled.
(All information provided will be used for recruitment-related purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. It is our policy to retain the personal data of unsuccessful applicants for future recruitment purposes for a period of six months.)