Assistant Manager, Wetlands (Job Code: W-AMW)Reporting to the Assistant Director, Mai Po Nature Reserve and Regional Wetlands, this role is a key person in the wetlands conservation team to keep the habitats of Mai Po Nature Reserve (MPNR) in good conditions for local biodiversity and facilities in good conditions for visitors.
- Lead a team to maintain the habitats and facilities, and undertake research and monitoring activities, at MPNR according to the objectives and timetable outlined in the management plan
- Develop and upgrade the facilities and habitats at MPNR according to the vision of the management plan
- Maintain good relationships with key stakeholders, such as government and Committee, to ensure the smooth running and conservation of the MPNR, and being the principal contact person for technical and wetland management and conservation work relating to the Reserve
- Prepare the annual habitat and facility management and monitoring budget for MPNR and to ensure that the works are completed according to the budget
- Work closely with other departments to provide technical knowledge and support for awareness raising/ fundraising activities relating to/in MPNR, and act as a spokesperson for WWF-Hong Kong on the habitat management and wildlife at Mai Po and where appropriate, nearby areas
- Assist in maintaining and developing strategic partnerships with other local and international NGOs, academics, interest groups, experts etc., for the conservation projects
- Assist the organization of the Wetland Management Training Programme and/or provide technical advices to Regional Wetlands as needed
- Degree holder in ecology, environmental science, geography or other relevant disciplines
- A minimum of 6 years’ related experience in wetland conservation project management and habitat management
- Good supervisory skills, especially frontline staff management
- Good understanding and knowledge of wetland and nature conservation
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, fluency in Putonghua is preferred
- Proficient in computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willing to travel to regional wetland sites occasionally
- A good team player with excellent presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills with high flexibility
- Open-minded and considerate
- Self-motivated and plan activities well in advance
We offer a 5-day work week and competitive compensation and benefits packages to the right candidate. The office location of this post is at our Mai Po Nature Reserve. Interested parties please send your covering letter with detailed CV stating present and expected salary to the HR Manager via email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate the Job Code in the subject of your e-mail.
Application would be considered until the post is filled.
(All information provided will be used for recruitment-related purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. It is our policy to retain the personal data of unsuccessful applicants for future recruitment purposes for a period of six months.)