Director of Conservation (Job Code: W-DC)In support of CEO WWF-Hong Kong, the Director of Conservation is responsible for leading WWF-Hong Kong’s advocacy and engagement with Government and other stakeholders, and overseeing conservation work that includes tackling the demand side of the illegal wildlife trade across Asia, wetlands and the East Asian–Australasian Flyway Partnership (EAAFP), ocean protection, and local biodiversity issues, as well as climate, energy and green finance. The Director would also links with our WWF partners in both the Asia Region and globally to deliver high-impact conservation initiatives.
- The Director of Conservation in liaison with the Chair of the Conservation Advisory Committee and other stakeholders leads the development of the overall conservation strategy of WWF-Hong Kong.
- The Director is responsible to mentor and oversee conservation staff in order to enhance the effectiveness and impact of their work in Hong Kong, South China and the region. This involves supervision of impact reporting and project monitoring.
- The Director will provide WWF-Hong Kong with the technical expertise, intellectual leadership and advice on conservation issues, and build the necessary synergies within WWF-Hong Kong, its partners and other stakeholders to fulfill agreed conservation objectives.
- Proven track record in successfully developing, leading, and managing projects in the field of conservation or natural resource management.
- PhD or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Extensive working experience (10-15 years) and good knowledge of conservation and development issues in the Asia-Pacific region Demonstrated experience and/or capacity to be an effective spokesperson on conservation and related policy matters with and ability to interact productively with government and other stakeholders
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Cantonese and / or Mandarin desirable
We offer a 5-day work week and competitive compensation and benefits packages to the right candidate. The office location of this post is at our Kwai Hing office (near MTR station). Interested parties please send your CV stating present and expected salary to the HR Manager via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the Job Code in the subject of your e-mail.
Application would be considered until the post is filled.
(All information provided will be used for recruitment-related purpose only. Applicants who do not hear from us within six weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. It is our policy to retain the personal data of unsuccessful applicants for future recruitment purposes for a period of six months.)