Market Development Analyst (FSC)WWF is one of the founding members of the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC™), which was established in 1994 to promote the responsible management of the world’s forests. WWF Hong Kong is working with FSC to lead the implementation of the FSC Asia Pacific Regional Strategy in Hong Kong. This includes maintaining the credibility of FSC certification and its trademarks, securing the accreditation and certification operating environment, enhancing government relations, and developing markets and key client relationships.
FSC works to take care of our forests and those who rely on them: by protecting plant and animal species, Indigenous Peoples’ rights, forest workers’ safety, and much more. We achieve this through FSC certification, ensuring forests around the world are responsibly managed.
Today, FSC is the leading certification system for responsible forest management in the world. FSC is the world most trusted sustainable forest management solution to deliver positive impacts for the forests, markets and the people – for today and tomorrow.
FSC is a market-based mechanism that seeks to drive on-ground forest management change through preferential selection and purchase along the supply chain. For FSC to be successful, an understanding of the supply chain and product trade flows to and from the region are important in helping to drive FSC supply and demand.
The Asia Pacific Market Development Analyst is a new and important role and supports the Asia Pacific Market Development Manager and Regional Director to make targeted decisions on how best to link supply and demand across the region and expand the reach of FSC across Asia Pacific.
You will source, analyse, interpret and see through forest-based products’ trade and supply chain data to present key market trends, business development opportunities and supply chain challenges facing FSC in the APAC Region.
Working with FSC teams and knowledge partners from across the region and around the world. Your work will enable the Asia Pacific Market Development Manager and Regional Director to make informed and evidence based decisions on strategic developments across Asia Pacific.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Leading the establishment of tools and approaches to collect, track and interpret forest product trade flows across the region from the forest, through processing to receiving domestic and international markets
- Provide actionable analytics and insights into FSC’s position, opportunities and challenges across the APAC Region, through collection and analysis of information from various data sources (trade data, supply/demand, Key Account profiles, regional performance)
- Support management of relevant value chain and trade APAC level projects, coordinating inputs from various partners as required for successful delivery
- Support coordination of APAC Network Meetings to drive evidence based decision making and an entrepreneurial perspective on market data
- Support proactively the Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO) to inform, engage regional partners on trade, supply chain and market development threats and opportunities
- Be a critical hub for information on market linkages in Hong Kong for APAC Network Partners and relevant stakeholders supporting them as necessary in agreement with the APAC Market Development Manager
- Support the APAC Regional Director in data and analytical task that support regional growth and development
The successful candidate demonstrates the following key competencies and qualities:
- University degree or equivalent experience in Data Science, Analytics, Information Management, Market Analysis, Business Analysis or relevant field
- Formal training or experience in scripting, querying or statistical languages and programming is highly desirable
- Formal training in project management is also a plus
- Minimum four years of experience in a data or market analytics role
- Strong attention to detail plus the ability to present complex analysis, interpretation and conclusions in a clear and concise way (visually and verbally)
- Good time management skills: Ability to perform well while handling simultaneously a number of tasks
- Strong analytics aptitude with structured problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to prioritise, plan and organise work
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and collaboratively as a member of a multi-cultural, inter-disciplinary, multi-lingual, global team
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) and other Asian languages are desirable but not required
- Advanced in software packages (MS Office), particularly MS EXCEL
- Proficiency in data visualization tools, e.g. PowerBI
- Experience with CRM (Customer Relations Management) systems, e.g. Salesforce, GIS, data management, survey delivery and programming is a plus
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills that contribute to cohesive team efforts and decision making
- Active-listening skills plus the ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships
It is on contract basis and stationed in Hong Kong
How to Apply:
Please send your motivation letter (including your net salary expectation), your CV in English as email attachments to email@example.com.
Please do not send any photos and make sure to insert “Market Development Analyst (m/f) 2018” in the subject line of your email.
The deadline for applications is 14 October 2018.