The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
Leadership Training Programme
Empowering tertiary-school students to become conservation leaders and environmental spokespersons, WWF-Hong Kong has been running the One Planet Youth Leadership Training Programme since October 2017. The one-year programme comprises 40 hours of training workshops and hands-on experience in conservation and education actions, giving participants a deeper understanding of different environmental issues and nature conservation.
Through workshops, field trips and hands-on experience, participants will:
- Understand local and global environmental issues
- Participate in WWF’s conservation and education work
- Be empowered to practice and promote sustainable living in their daily lives
- Organise an environmental campaign and demonstrate essential leadership competencies in planning and implementing the project
To apply the knowledge and skills acquired in the workshops, participants are required to initiate, plan and implement a conservation project based on their interest in local communities with support from WWF. The conservation projects organised by our 2019-2020 participants covered five environmental topics: local biodiversity, sustainable seafood, sustainable fashion, food mileage and land use in Hong Kong. Read about the individual projects in the “One Planet Youth Leaders – Group Project Abstract” and see how these young people work to transform their conservation dreams into reality!