The WWF is run at a local level by the following offices...
- WWF Global
- Central African Republic
- Central America
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- European Policy Office
Leadership Training Programme
Empowering tertiary-school students to become conservation leaders and environmental spokespersons, WWF-Hong Kong has been running the One Planet Youth Leadership Training Programme since October 2017. The one-year programme comprises 40 hours of training workshops and hands-on experience in conservation and education actions, giving participants a deeper understanding of different environmental issues and nature conservation.
Through workshops, field trips and hands-on experience, participants will:
- Understand local and global environmental issues
- Participate in WWF’s conservation and education work
- Be empowered to practice and promote sustainable living in their daily lives
- Organise an environmental campaign and demonstrate essential leadership competencies in planning and implementing the project
2019-2020 Group Projects
To apply the knowledge and skills acquired in the workshops, participants are required to initiate, plan and implement a conservation project based on their interest in local communities with support from WWF. The conservation projects organised by our 2019-2020 participants covered five environmental topics: local biodiversity, sustainable seafood, sustainable fashion, food mileage and land use in Hong Kong. Read about the individual projects in the “One Planet Youth Leaders – Group Project Abstract” and see how these young people work to transform their conservation dreams into reality!