As a leading non-profit conservation organization, WWF-Hong Kong (“we”) value the high degree of public trust bestowed upon us. Our resolute approach to safeguarding the environment is reflected in our commitment to protecting your privacy. To ensure that you can make informed decisions and feel confident about supplying your Personal Data (as defined below) to us in connection with WWF-Hong Kong, we provide this notice outlining our practices, and the choices you have, concerning how your Personal Data is collected and used by us.
Personal Data Collected
As you engage with us, it may be necessary for you to provide information in various areas of our website, donation forms, and other channels which may be used to communicate with us. This includes but is not limited to:
Purpose and Use
- personal information such as your name, gender and date of birth;
- contact information such as your telephone number(s), postal addresses, email and fax numbers;
- credit card or bank account information, including name of cardholder, card number, expiry date, bank account number and name of account holder;
- business information such as company name, business title and associated contact information;
- responses to our surveys to which you responded.
In pursuit of our mission and while upholding the three pillars of our corporate governance - professionalism, integrity and transparency - we may use your Personal Data for one or more of the following purposes:
- when communicating with you in response to your enquiries, comments and suggestions;
- when honoring your request for information or services, whether submitted by you online, over the phone, or through other methods;
- when either developing or improving our relations with our supporters, prospective present and past donors, by enabling us to contact appropriate individuals with relevant information such as newsletters, researches and invitations to join our activities or events;
- when processing your donations;
- when processing and managing your recurring donation (including direct debit setup with banks in Hong Kong and transfer of bank account or credit card information with banks);
- when issuing your receipt;
- when confirming your donation arrangement, mailing or online correspondence, or event participation;
- when processing your petition or pledge sign up;
- when processing and managing your application to join our membership, event participation or sponsorship, eNews subscription, volunteer programme (including internship and mentorship), public tours, or product purchase;
- when signing-up or joining one of our conservation and education programmes or campaigns;
- when communicating with WWF’s supporters, donors or interested parties including delivery of associated benefits and gifts, as well as delivering news and information;
- when operating WWF’s programmes and campaigns in order to maintain an up-to-date and accurate database;
- when responding to, handling and processing any enquires submitted by you;
- when communicating with you about content-related announcements;
- when contacting you for the specific purpose for which you volunteered or otherwise when necessary;
- when improving the content and related services, and for statistical and other analysis, to help us improve our website and our conservation, education and fundraising activities;
- when customizing the content and/or layout of our website;
- when providing to our service providers who perform services solely for our use in accordance with this policy;
- when permitted by law or regulation, and as required by law or regulation, or as requested by government authorities, for the protection of persons or property or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- when fulfilling the above purposes, you may be contacted via email, direct mailing, telephone, SMS or other means.
We automatically collect certain information about visitors to our websites, whether or not you are registered or logged in. We may record, for example, your IP address, the URLs of websites and pages you visit (before, during and after your visit to our websites), your browsing history and information about the hardware and software that you use.
Our websites may create cookies which are stored on your computer to recognize you on return visits and to collect additional information about you. You may choose to adjust your browser settings or use other means to prevent cookies being stored on your computer, although this may result in reduced functionality of our websites.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Under certain circumstances, WWF-Hong Kong or our providers (“we”) may set one or more cookies on your computer which will assist in providing the services that you have requested. We will only set these cookies where you are interacting with our system to perform one or more of the following: authenticate you to our systems, register for the event, take part in surveys or polls etc. No personal information is collected using these cookies. Cookies may be stored for a defined period or automatically deleted following that session.
We do not pass or sell your Personal Data to third parties for their commercial purposes; however, we do provide this information to service providers as described in the Purpose and Use section above.
Our content may, on occasion, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any liability for these policies or websites. It is advisable that you review these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
Access to Information
Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong. If you wish to obtain a copy of your Personal Data; if you believe the information relating to you which we collect and maintain is incorrect; or if you believe that the information held by WWF-Hong Kong was used beyond the scope of the Purpose and Use disclosed above or was acquired by fraudulent or unlawful means or provided to a third party without your prior consent, please write to us at the address listed at the bottom of this policy.
We reserve the right to charge a nominal fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you where that is permitted by law.
The Data Protection Officer
15/F, Manhattan Centre,
8 Kwai Cheong Road,
Kwai Chung N.T. Hong Kong
Tel: 2526 1011